Re: newbiedoc.intranets.com

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 12:28:12PM -0500, Chris Gray wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 10:01:26AM -0600, will trillich wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 11:10:48PM -0600, will trillich wrote:
> > > newbiedoc.intranets.com -- the gathering place for newbies
> > > documenting linux/debian for newbies -- already has four
> > > members. delightful!
> > >
> > > anybody who wants to pitch in and scribble some notes
> > > for future newbies to follow, please join in.
> > >
> > > 	http://newbiedoc.intranets.com/
> >
> > brilliant, einstein. invite them to the party and then
> > lock the door on them. what a maroon...
> >
> > the registration key, to sign up, is "debian", all in
> > lower-case letters.
>
> There seems to be something very wrong with the way the registration
> page renders in my netscape.  I'll scroll down and the remnants don't
> become erased.  It looks like the way the old mozilla worked around M9
> or so.  I don't know if you are in contact with the people at
> intranets.com, but if you are could you let them know about this?

i believe you ... and yet--

you think YOU've got it bad? i'm using MAC netscape, and boy is
it ever screwy! i couldn't count how many times every day i get
text in my scrollbar, overlapping graphics, munged table
layouts... (but consider the alternative!)

and usually when i notify a webmaster that they could take a bit
of time and cater to all browsers by cleaning up their code, if
i'm lucky i get a form response; usually i get silence.

one webmaster actually wrote to say "you're the only one using
mac netscape according to our logs, so we're gonna leave it as
is." there, the display had six popup menus across the top
frame, which on my netscape required 1200+ pixels to display,
since netscape ignored the font specs...!

aaugh!

anyhow--

if you can 'screen-capture' the problem and email it to them
directly, they'd have a better chance at understanding the
situation... (no, i don't know them, and they don't know me.)

sorry to not be more helpful! sure hope you get past the
hurdle...

you might try gzilla or some of the others available, see what
works best. ("apt-cache showpkg www-browser | more" to get a
list if you don't know what options there are...)

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/