mgetty problem: calling behind an office telephone station

Hello,

Please tell me if somebody knows how to make sendfax working from
behind the office telephone station. The problem is that in order to
place a call I have to dial "*0" and my pin code first. Only after that
the dial tone shows up. Instead, sendfax quits with "NO DIAL TONE"
complain. I did try to set up the dial-prefix in the
/etc/mgetty/sendfax.conf, but this made the sendfax hung without
bothering the modem (no modem sounds or lamps were on)

I have a similar problem when calling my ISP from home (there I have to
place "0" before the number to get the dial tone). I would also
appreciate if any of you know the solution for Windows 98 (sorry :)),
since by far I have no Internet access from home in any way due to this
stupid problem

thanks in advance

--
Peter O. Fedichev (Ph.D.)