Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Sound Card: Turtle Beach Montego A3D 64 Voice PCI

I used make install20 as indicated in the documentation.

Alan Sobey <ags-lists@esatclear.ie> on 07/11/2000 10:45:09

Pour :    debian-user@lists.debian.org
cc :   (ccc : Yves Pocchiola/ALCATEL-SPACE)
Objet :   Re: Réf. : Re: Sound Card: Turtle Beach Montego A3D 64 Voice PCI

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 09:51:43AM +0100, Yves.Pocchiola@space.alcatel.fr wrote:

> I have found 2 drivers for my Sound Card at the indicated adresses ( one
> proposed by the manufacturer and one more advanced version  proposed at source
> -forge ). Unfortunatly compilation fails on Debian 2.2 for the two drivers.
> Source-forge indicates that its version has been validated on red-hat and
> Mandrake, there is no indication for debian.

The aureal.sourceforge.net drivers will work under debian.  I did have
unresolved symbols for a while when trying to load the modules,
probably due to a kernel upgrade though.  IIRC, your card is an A3D 1
(Vortex 8820 based) and hence when compiling you need to use "make
install20".  Check the readme for full details, coz I'm going on my
memory here.  Also to get the driver to load automatically upon reboot
I had to add another alias line to /etc/modules.conf (or
/etc/modutils/aliases or whatever file updates /etc/modules.conf) -
can't remember what it was though, and I'm not at home now. :(

hth,
Alan.