Subject: Re: I messed up Xfree86
Date: 04 Nov 2000 20:33:23 -0800
From: Krzys Majewski <majewski@cs.ubc.ca>
To: "Claudette Woodgate" <cwoodgate@videotron.ca>
CC: "Corey Popelier"
<pancreas@dingoblue.net.au>,<debian-user@lists.debian.org>

"Claudette Woodgate" <cwoodgate@videotron.ca> writes:

> Corey,
>
> Where shall I send the case of beers and the strippers? I finally have my
> Xfree86 4.0.1 up and running, at 1280x1024x16bpp. Thank You !

OK I've never  understood what's so great about  high resolutions. The
higher  the resolution,  the smaller  the  stuff on  your screen,  the
closer to  the screen you sit, the  more you squint to  see stuff, the
sooner you go  blind. Also, the screen flickers more,  so you go blind
*and*  crazy faster  than otherwise.  Then  again, it  looks cool  and
impresses your friends.  "Ooh, 2048x1536. I can barely  see your login
window. Nice!"

-chris (1024x768 4ever)