Re: SCIOSFLAGS: Resource busy

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 10:26:40PM -0700, Cameron Matheson wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Trying to get my DSL working, but I can't get my network card to work.  If I say `ifconfig eth0 up`, then it gives me the error:
>
> SCIOSFLAGS: Resource busy
>
> What does this mean, and how do I fix it?
>
> Thanks,
> Cameron Matheson

I had the same problem when trying to install Potato using DHCP. The install
CD was using Kernel 2.2.17pre6, I think. I thought it could be the kernel but
it was NIC, a Realtek 8139, which by the way died. After replacing my NIC
My Motherboard, ASUS CU4VX-M, wouldn't detect it in the Bios. To make a long
story short, I think it has something to do with the kernel or modules?

Sorry for not being more help,
--
-jack