Re: weird rpc.statd messages on potato

Quoth Rob,
> Getting the following in our /var/log/messages
>
> We use NFS between two Potato boxes, this appears on
> both :

It's a buffer overrun exploit against rpc.statd. It seems that someone
has put together a `sploit and it's the flavour of the day with the
script kiddies - I've seen this a number of times on some of my boxes.

If you're running stable and have kept up with the security updates (or
at least had a month or so ago (nfs-common >= 0.1.9.1-1) you should be
right. If not, well, have fun re-installing!

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,