Re: compiling Realtek into kernel

On Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:18:27 +0100 robert_wilhelm_land <robert_wilhelm_land@csi.com> wrote:

> Make xconfig greyed the Realtek driver 8139 selection out although
> 10/100 ethernet support has been selected. I played a bit with
> selecting other options but never managed to get the Realtek driver
> option active!
>
> This is even more mysterious since this mashine has this ethernet card
> installed and is currently recognized by the potato 2.2.16 kernel
> (after a clean installation 10 days ago).
>
> After having problems to get my soundcard to work I need to rebuild
> the kernel and now this!
>
> 'Make mrproper' was launched before starting 'make xconfig', so
> nothing should influence the process of creating a new kernel.
>
> Would someone be so kind to help?

RealTek cards come under lots of brands. The best advice I have for
you is to leave them alone! I had two of them in my box which
started crashing every few hours. I see them in the networks round
there, and they give you permanent troubles. Try to change them
as soon as possible!

--
Christoph Simon
ciccio@prestonet.com.br