Re: I messed up Xfree86

Chris writes:
> OK I've never  understood what's so great about  high resolutions.

Lots and lots of really small pixels.

> The higher the resolution, the smaller the stuff on your screen,...

The higher the resolution the more stuff I can get on the screen while
including enough pixels in each bit of stuff to keep it legible.

> ...the closer to the screen you sit, the more you squint to see stuff,...

I adjust my fonts so that I can read comfortably from a comfortable
distance.

> ...the sooner you go  blind.

The fact that I have lousy vision is one of the reasons I want a big,
high-resolution display.

> Also, the screen flickers more,...

Matrox G400-32 and a 21" P815.  Flicker?  No way.

> ...so you go ... crazy faster  than otherwise.

Too late.  I'm already a Debian developer.

> 2048x1536. I can barely  see your login window.

So make it bigger.

> 1024x768 4ever

It's not that long ago that 1024x768 _was_ high resolution.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)