Re: Now that X4.0.1 Is Woody-Fied.

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 02:13:48PM +0800, Corey Popelier wrote:
> Most of you might have gotten bored to tears by my running efforts to get
> the X4.0.1 in woody functional, and probably know by now I have, so I
> thought I'd quickly and briefly say how:

Err... did you try running the little program called "dexter" that comes
in the 4.0.1 xserver-common package? :)

It asks for simple info about your video card, mouse, and monitor, and
sets up the XF86Config file for you.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't ask what color
depth I want to be default, but that was easy to change in the generated

"Most of us remain strangers to ourselves, hiding who we are, and ask
other strangers, hiding who they are, to love us."
        -Leo Buscaglia