Re: woody upgrade still breaks apt-get

; Tried both upgrade and dist-upgrade, can't be certain now but one gave a
; bunch of errors and declined to work. The one that did loaded 57 files
; including pcima stuff which I did not have or want and libc6 v2.1.96-1.
;
; Apt-get update failed after the files were installed, so now I have two
; installs on separate drives which are non-updateable.:-(
;
; Am I the only one woody doesn't like ?

nope..I've experienced this problem too. It's definitely something weird
happening with resolver libraries -- I found I could actually avoid the
problem by using dnscache (http://dnscache.com) and performing my own dns
queries iteratively. Unfortunately my company has decided to firewall
dns traffic and I'm back to using bind, apt is broken again. Can someone
please fix apt?

r.