Re: 'Generic' Firewall Rulesets?

Troy Telford <troyt@myrealbox.com> writes:

[`Good firewall']

> I'm more interested in learning how to create a good firewall than
> simply having one.  (So I can make one from scratch should I ever have a
> specific need).

Instead of using scripts you don't understand (which leads to a false
impression of `security'), you might as well learn more about TCP/IP and
building firewalls.  As always, O'Reilly offers `Just The Book' (TM):
`Building Internet Firewalls' by Chapman/Zwicky.  Good stuff.

HTH,
Fx

--
I don't want to go back to using Windows.  It may be pretty.  And easy.
But it has no depth or soul.  It's like the one-night stand of operating