Re: -- MARK -- in log files

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 02:33:42PM -0800, Rob Hudson wrote:
> I was curious how to not have all of the '-- MARK --'s in my log
> files.  What are their intended purpose?

short version: rtfm

long version: tFm you need to r is 'man syslogd'

and the 'see also' items at the end:
	SEE ALSO
		syslog.conf(5), klogd(8), logger(1), syslog(2),
		syslog(3), services(5), savelog(8)

when your system connipts, aneurism style, how can you
know when it was last healthy? (you'll get it back up
to running status eventually, of course.)

--mark-- & friends just lets you know when last the system
was alive, if ever it does die.

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/