Does a debian-user webring or links list exist?

* I apologize if this is a duplicate email -- my
email software had a hiccup and crashed
during a send.. yes, I'm getting a new client,
hopefully with a new OS  ;)  *

>> --+ This is extremely unfortunate.  I had also noticed this.
>> The one thing the internet lacks is proper authoritative
>> organization.  Not that I advocate dictatorship, but
>> it would be nice to have recognized authorities
>> (like www.debian.org) handling a webring or similar.
>
>proper authoritative organization? hoo boy. let's
>not go there. fortunately for the species homo
>sapien, and speakers of english, and rights-enjoyers
>in the early stages of the u.s. republic, /to each
>his own/. slashdot is doing a good job in their
>corner of the 'net, and others are too. diversity
>is good; it's just very new still, and will take
>some time to iron out the kinks.
>
>without any 'bill says do it this way' thank you.

--+ Still, I feel there is a distinct lack of organization..
or feeling thereof.  The very fact that I feel
underwhelmed with newbie information points
towards that.
--+ As for rights, or authority.. I recognize that
here is not the place to discuss it.  It's just that
I see more user faith placed in the hands of
those who are perceived as being 'right' to
handle a task.. the example still stands.. I see
debian.org as being the debian authority, so
I expected to find links lists there.. I did find a
second-best (so to speak) in this mailing list,
which exists under authority of the debian.org
name, so I can place faith in you all  =)
--+ I can appreciate your comments.  Actually, I'm
quite pleased at the approach my reponders
(is that a word?) have made.

>> >please do!
>>
>> --+ Heh, you might regret that comment later  =)
>
>not likely.
>
>you can make the most egregious, offensive material
>on the planet available, and if you don't force it
>on anyone, delightful! we can come see it if we want.

--+ Wasn't aiming at being offensive.. but sometimes I
get to be perceived as a (and I quote) 'gnat'.. it's a bad
habit, sortof like a vivid first impression which gets
misinterpreted.  Back on topic, I have a tendancy to
have one-sided *bad* reviews, which makes them
horribly unconstructive.. My impressions of software
end up leaning on those little annoyances instead
of taking an overall look.. I had feared, when I wrote that,
that I might end up writing towards that tendancy..
but I'm pretty sure I can keep myself in check and
make my story constructive  =)

>> >for capturing an install via console, use 'script' in case
>> >you're not familiar with it... not good to use when your cursor
>> >is hopping all around (as in an editor or an n-curses dialog)
>> >but great for capturing all the text flying by...
>>
>> --+ Urm, I only barely grasp what you said, but I understand
>> the principle.  That's one of the things I was looking for.
>
>i was hoping so. otherwise i'd be preaching to the
>choir, which can happen.
>
>got any specific questions about how to go about
>delving into debian? any unix/linux knowledge to
>pull from or are you windont/mac only?

--+ My background is based around oldschool dos.
I have some passing familiarity with Linux from some
reading, and from some software written by *nix
fans..  ultimately I recognize that it all means very
little here.. so consider me bright, but blank.
--+ I have zero (0) knowledge of the mac, but as
per just about everything computer (sans networking
and programming *shudder*).. I'm sure could pick it
up over a couple of weeks if I had motivation.  I don't
expect to be able to do that with Linux though..
previous attempts were frustrating enough to have
me quit too early to have learned skills.

--+ Urm, as for questions.. I'm going to lurk over the
weekend.. go through various links I've been given
and read.  Then go through back-issues of this
and other mailing lists.. then I'll have the background
to ask specific questions whose answers I couldn't
find for myself.  Mind you, I might not be done that
reading for a couple of weeks at best.  Still, thanks
for the offer.

Sy,