dwww rebuilding the menus daily!

   I'm using tripwire and every day it would tell me that all the menus
of my window managers have been modified. I suspected a cron script and
finally found some time to track it down.

   It turns out that /etc/cron.daily/dwww is the guilty party.

   More precisely it, invokes /usr/sbin/dwww-build which in turn invokes
/usr/bin/update-menus:

if [ -x /usr/bin/update-menus ]; then
  echo -n "  g) document index (by menu package)... "
  update-menus
  echo "done"
fi

   What is this "document index (by menu package)" and why does it
implies rebuilding the menus each day?

--
Francois Gouget         fgouget@free.fr        http://fgouget.free.fr/
                     Avoid the Gates of Hell - use Linux.