Opera for Linux

Been on this list for the last few months. Never
noticed anything posted on Opera web browser for
Linux.

I have a triple OS system (Win98, deb and slack)
I am in the process of an upgrade from  slink to
potato and Slack 7.1. I have  several  programs,
inclusive of Netscape, which run from  /opt dir,
so that they are  shared  between the two  Linux
distros. I usually unpack static binary tarballs
for such programs downloaded directly from their
parent sites.

My present Netscape was  downloaded over a  year
ago  (ver 4.51), and  has  subserved its purpose
(given the  glitches of running on 32mb RAM) and
some of the other problems posted  on this list.
Iam looking for something  lightweight  and less
resource hungry, in the process of my upgrade.

Yes, mozilla is a  contender, but would  like to
keep my options open.  Opera is  also  currently
available (though not Open Source or GPL).  Need
first hand info on Opera for Linux, from anybody
who is currently using it or has tried it out.

There are some .debs on the  Opera site as well,
but I don't have a clue regarding its popularity
in the debian world.

Never used it myself, so any  kind of  info like
resource utilisation, speed, customisation, java
support, plug-in support, glitches  etc would be
welcome.

Thanks.

USM Bish