Re: XFree 4.0.1

Moritz Schulte wrote:

> Try http://samosa.debian.org/~branden/

I installed fine from here, however, when I tried to upgrade the fonts,
things got weird.  At that point, I was unable to start X and lots of
dependency error.  Eventually, I just downloaded the tgz's from
xfree86.org and everything worked like a charm.  Since I am new to
Debian, my question is this:  how badly have I gone and soiled the
"purity" of my system?  Since I'm still unfamiliar with making my own
debs, I have installed a new kernel and a couple other programs, and now
X.  I would assume that when the stable X4.0.1 package is out I can
install that and that will fix things?  Is there an easier way?  Despite
the fact that I've "corrupted" my system, what else have I just done?
Chris
--
http://www.veteransradio.com