Re: Bastille-Linux and Debian

It probably examines your current ports via something similar to netstat,
to know what services on what ports are needed and creates a firewall
script that creates the rules according to actual ip, that is good for
that state of the system, as it was in upon running the build script. It
probably knows a couple of protocols which needs special handling, eg.
ftp.

It probably just filters out everything which is not traffic to the
then-active server processes, and sets up a few anti-spoofing rules.

I just guess this according to an article describing how to set up
bastille.

Regards,

Robert Varga