Re: dead hoarse, crawling away.

Helgi =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D6rn?= <hood@extra.netlink.se> wrote:
>guran remberg wrote:
>> I have just read an article by a chap named Kurt Seifrieds, which was
>> mainly about security on Debian. I was alarmed and have decided to
>> switch to Red Hat as many experts advises can be used to secure it.
>
>Why not give us a link to this 'article'?

It was well-publicized around the time potato was released; you should
be able to find it if you have a look back in the archives. A look
through the archives will also reveal the large number of factual
inaccuracies, misunderstandings, and just plain bias that that same
article contained.

I believe some of the worse inaccuracies - like the author not having
bothered to read changelogs to find out whether the security holes he
believed were present had actually been closed - have been fixed in more
recent revisions of the article.

This quote is from the fortunes file:

  "Actually, the only distribution of Linux I've ever used that passed the
  rootshell test out of the box (hit rootshell at the time the dist is
  released and see if you can break the OS with scripts from there) is
  Debian."
          -- seen on the Linux security-audit mailing list