Re: Voice recognition (ViaVoice Dictation?)

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 10:29:11AM -0700, Gary Hennigan wrote:
> Is anyone doing anything with voice recognition under Debian?
>
> I purchased ViaVoice Dictation for Redhat and I've tried to install it
> under Debian with no success. If anyone's succeeded at this I'd be
> interested in hearing from them.

I don't have the software, but anyway : did you try alien ?
You could also use ldd to search which libraries the program need and
then do apt-cache --search to find out which packages contain the
needed libraries ( I think alien does something close to this).

Ciao
------
FB