installation

Hi,

i've bought my first Linux distibution -  Debian distribution.
I'm not able to install it.
The system tries to start a network installation, even if my PC is a home stand-alone systemm, by receiving the following message : ' NO HARD DRIVES COULD BE FOUND'.
On my PC i have two hard disks. One of them is a 4GB hard drive. The DOS/WIN partition on it has been erased by using the DOS Fdisk utility so the disk is completely free for a Linux partition.
The hard-disk is defined on the IDE primary channel as a master drive.
What can i  do to remove this problem and to have finally my personal Linux installation.

Many Thanks to any contribution.

Giulio Ferrero (Turin-Italy)