Re: exim help needed

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 03:36:08PM -0800, Krzys Majewski wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Carel Fellinger wrote:
>
> >down /etc/init.d/eam  tcp nowait carel  /usr/bin/ssh /usr/bin/ssh iae
> bin/nc mail.iae.nl eam tcp  nowait carel /usr/bin/ssh /usr/bin/ssh ire
> bin/nc uucp.iae.nl uucp-pipes stop
>
> Come again?

cc-ing you in mutt I forgot that I had put something else in gpm's buffer
and foolishly clicked the 2e mouse button. Not sure what commands got
executed:(, this is just a left over, let's pretend it isn't there:)

> > I would have expected something like "sleep forever".
>
> Oh yeah.  It's basically "sleep  forever" except replace  "sleep" with
> "wait" and  add this  feature: if an  instance of the  program already
> exists, replace it with this one. Code follows below.

Looks like something worth of adding to my toolbox.
You could add mkdir and rmdir calls around this pid reading/writing stuff
to ment this race condition you mentioned. Not really necessary for your
current use.

--
groetjes, carel