Need an xbiff that doesn't suck

I've been  looking for a good  xbiff (X app  which tells me if  I have
mail). Features I need:

- shows headers (e.g. From:)
- count can be  reset (to what it was before) if  I look at the header
and decide  I don't want to read  this mail right now.  This should be
easily doable, eg by left-clicking on the header
- must either

a) run on an intel-linux box and support IMAP, or
b) run on a sparc-solaris box

Optional features include:

- running mailer program when clicked (this is really very optional)

Why I need all these features:

Well, I could just run a mailer all the time, but
a) IMAP times out
b) running one remotely is not cool (eg apps spawned by mailer, etc)

My research so far shows the following:

xbiff (solaris, circa 1999)
Nice but doesn't do headers

xbuffy 3.1 (solaris)
Nice but doesn't reset count

gbuffy-0.2.2
We've got the debian binary for this and it works, albeit
pending reservations (don't know how to specify geometry,
bypass pw auth, show headers..). There is a (debian?) patch
here which we may want to apply.

kbiff-2.3.12
Configure can't find kde headers.
The coo thing about kbiff is it speaks multi languages.

netbiff-0.9.7
Geometry seems broken, docs notwithstanding.

tkbiff-3.11
Compiles and runs but
- crashed X on one occasion
- don't know how to set geometry
- configuration *way* too complicated
- don't know how to set mailer-program-on-mouse-button

xlassie-1.5
Works. Bare bonez. Needs to (and does) run via shell script.
Bonus: takes up almost no desktop.

-chris