Re: where to put shell scripts?

In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.0010311800540.11571-100000@benatar.snurgle.org>,
William T Wilson  <fluffy@snurgle.org> wrote:
>I also question the historical accuracy of 'sbin' as "static binary" -
>Unix has always had /sbin, but it hasn't always had dynamic linking.

How soon they forget. Not all Unices have always had /sbin. Not even Linux.
In the beginning, all binaries that are now in /sbin and /usr/sbin
lived in /etc and /usr/etc. Config files lived in /usr/lib, etc etc

And I really wonder what the locations will be in 10-15 years time.

Mike.
--
People get the operating system they deserve.