RE: jetdirect and lpr

> Hey Guys,
> I've just changed networks and was using lpr with a printer on the lan
> that was using jetdirect. I am now on a different network and have edited
> my /etc/printcap to point the remote printer to the new IP.
>
> The only thing is now when I print... nothing comes out on the printer. Am
> I missing something here? Also, is there a log or an error that is
> generated if the print request does not go through?

You might try to telnet to it.  If you can't get in, it might
not have a default gateway defined.  (I am assuming you are
now separated by a router.)  If you have access to a host on
the same network as the printer, try to telent to the printer
from that host.  It might have a password enabled.  If not, you
can type / to see the current config.  I think ? is help...

hth
jim