Re: [OT?] XFree86 4.0.1 / apm / DPMS problem

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 08:24:00PM -0800, Krzys Majewski wrote:
> Very weird  things happen  upon apm --suspend  with respect  to screen
> blanking.  I've told  the BIOS  to turn  off the  screen with  DPMS on
> suspend, which worked fine with 3.3.6 but now the server goes down,
> more or less, on resume.

not sure it helps, but I understood that it was frowned upon to use
the BIOS for apm, better let linux take care of it, so specify BlankTime
SuspendTime and OffTime in /etc/X11/XF86Config. OOH I don't see how
this could cause a server meltdown.

--
groetjes, carel