Re: KDE2 -aria

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, guran remberg wrote:

> What a fantastic program this apt-get is, I am now writing this in KDE2.
> I just added deb http://kde.tdyc.com potato.kde2 to my
> /etc/apt/sources.list and wow.
>
> Who ever you are, tdyc, many thanks. That WindowManager I was having was
> clearly stupid. When I had eight programs running in different desktops,

Yes, that is ONE person doing the packaging for KDE2 (ofcourse KDE2 is
not a one-man show), he just 'resinged' though, because ONE person out
there said bad things to him. But thankfully he did most of the work now,
maybe there are only small bugfixes for Potato/KDE2 right now, that need
to be done.

Also if you are interrested in other non-standard-Debian packages, take a
look at: http://www.helixcode.com

Maybe that's something for you (You can do that the same way by adding
it to /etc/apt/sources.list).

APT is really kewl. :)

You can even do automatic builds from source (if you need it) ! :)

Hope this helps,
	Lennie.