Re: debian equivalent of rc.local

I heard that Keith S Marshall wrote this on 31/10/00:

> I was wondering what the debian equivalent to rc.local is.  I want to put
> this setting
>
> hdparm -c 1 -d 1 /dev/hda
>
>  which speeds up hard disk access in one of the start up files and was under
> the impression that on non debian systems it would go into the bottom of
> rc.local

As another poster already said, there is a correct place to put hardware
parameters (or whatever)...

But how about a place to start local programs (servers, etc.)?

I am currently using a script called "local" in /etc/init.d which
starts/stops/restarts my locally installed daemons, which I added to
/etc/rc?.d with "update-rc.d local defaults", but I'm not sure if this is
the correct approach. The script recognizes start/stop/restart parameters,
so it's working OK. But is there any solution that is more correct to
implement?

Regards, sena...

--
sena@decoy.ath.cx