Re: Re: how to test hardware acceleration / GL / utahglx?

>the  GL-enhanced parts  of the  xscreensaver  suite are  a very  nice
possibility to test  those things, You might want  to launch commands,
like, "gears", "lament" or "atlantis"  from Your next best xterm... If
You  then  read an  output,  like  "@@Created  GLX Context@@"  in  the
terminal  where You  started the  application, it's  likely  that Your
installed utah-glx is doing fine.

Thanks,  I ran  the  demos, and  they  worked, with  the exception  of
"lament":

08:49:55<~>$ lament
@@Created GLX Context..

X error in lament:
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  145 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  122

I've  just installed  the new  server (4.0.1)  so it  may be  a server
bug(??)

Anyway, they do say "@@Created  GLX Context.." and they run OK, though
not as smoothly as, say, television or film. Also use up 65% of my cpu
(Pentium III  500). I wonder  if this  is the best  I can do  with the
current  video card  (ATI xpert  98,  8mb). If  so, is  it strictly  a
question  of hardware  limitations or  are the  drivers just  not very
good?

-chris