vga=791

I may have posted this before, but for the life of me,
I can't find iti, or if there was any responses to my question.

In Rh/SuSE/Slack I can add "vga=791" to my /etc/lilo.conf
file, re-run lilo, and when I re-boot my system I get
smaller text and much more info in my text consoles.

I can't do this in Debian so there must be something I
have to compile into the kernel to do this.  Anyone know
what I'm talking about?  Can anyone point me to the "light"
on what needs to be added to the kernel?

Sorry if this is a re-post....

---
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA
chris at cwaiken dot com,   www.cwaiken.com
Current O/S: Debian 2.2 GNU/Linux