Re: dselect klobbers custom kernel image.

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 08:31:25AM -0600, Tricky Rick wrote:

> Everytime I run dselect and do Install it installs a kernel image and I
> have to reinstall my custom image. I try making my custom image 5.5 and
> it still does it.  I tried to find the kernel image 2.2.17 in dselect
> and uninstalling it but it doesn't have have it marked installed.
>  If it makes a difference, I recently upgraded to woody so I could run
> kde2.

fakeroot make-kpkg --revision=5:whatever.2.2.0 kernel_image

this sets an epoch on your package which will override debian
packages.

the current 2.2.17 kernel images have an epoch of 1 which makes them
newer then any package you create no matter what version you use,
unless you use a greater epoch.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/