Persona non grata

Hi

I'm a newbie to Potato, and I want to get some programs off my computer.

Is there a file that I can edit, and save to a removable media, that
constitutes all allowed files.

Ex: I removed emacs19, because I detest it. Used it on an ATARI 1040ST
in the eighties, and concludeed that if there was a computer underneath
- why not use it to tell me of the alternatives. To me a religieous and
amish program.
When I tried to socialize with dselect or apt-get, 80 MB was downloaded
and  I now have emacs20 and a bunch of other programs, but no
spellchecking, which I was searching for.

regards
guran