Re: compile network driver

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 09:28:21AM +0800, Gilbert.Li (§õ«Â¾§) wrote:

> I am sorry, I don't describe my question clearly.
> I issue the command to compile the network drive.
> gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/net/inet -Wall
> -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c viarhine.c -DMODVERSIONS

For what card do you try to compile? Did you make check if there is a
kernel-module for this card?
This would be much easier.

> I believed the reason why there were so many errors is that I missed some
> packages.
> Or I missed some symbol link.  And I once compiled this in RedHat 6.2. It
> was Ok.

Well, you still didn't tell us much about the driver, the card, your
system. It may be that te driver you have got was written for a
specific kernel and now you got a newer kernel so the driver won't
compile.
It would be helpful if you answer the questions in my prior mail.
Phil