Re: Strange PPP server

Jonathan Markevich writes:
> I don't understand getting the PPP garbage right away...

It means that the ISP wants to use PAP or CHAP authentication.

> Any suggestions off the top of your heads?

Run pppconfig, select 'PAP' authentication, and connect with 'pon' and
disconnect with 'poff'.

Most ISP's use PAP.  A few use CHAP: try that next if PAP doesn't work.  A
very few use scripted logins, which is what you are trying to use and which
your ISP does not use.

If you've made any changes to /etc/ppp/options undo them.

If this doesn't work ask for help again.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)