Re: /bin/false (was Re: security questions)

I heard that Jonathan Markevich wrote this on 29/10/00:

> Only 3 minutes of fun?  Disappointing.  You've gone and blown the rest of
> the afternoon.  Read through it, make it funnier.  Imagine it in Perl.  Or
> Befunge.  Or my favorite, Rube.  (extra points if you use the "weasel" -- I
> believe it's all on www.catseye.mb.ca...)  Actually, this may be more of an
> appropriate job for the language FALSE.  Should we set up a sourceforge
> project for this?

Python, Scheme, Pascal, BASIC (ugh..), whatever.. Why not make a kind of
"hello world" repository with the equivalent of /bin/false in several
languages. Of course, it would have to include the history of the false
command, etc.

> > Potato's /bin/false has "a378dbf982c7694b173cd87ecc8463f1" md5sum.
>
> 32 bytes, huh?  24 for your source above (with spaces).  Might as well
> compile it yourself.

Or, as in C the return type of a function defaults to int, we could write:
	main(){return 1;}
even if the compiler whines about it, the source is only 17 bytes long. How
many (kilo)bytes would be necessary to write that in BASIC? :)

Now remembering your shell script approach, lets include in the
false-tribute web page a section for shells (bash, ash, zsh, csh, etc.).

> Oh well, I'll let you think of it.  I've got a bash script that's a barrel
> of laughs right now, gotta go.

Well, have fun... :)

Regards, sena..

--