Re: dpkg-preconfigure: No such file - pls help!

Joey Hess írta, 2000-10-28, 11:55-kor kelt levelében, ami 22 sorból állt:

>> I can use dselect, but after 'Install' I receive the following
>> message:
>>   /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure: No such file

> Edit /etc/apt/apt.conf and comment out or delete the line with
> dpkg-preconfigure in it.

Thanks, that was enough, dselect works! :)

> Do you have debconf or debconf-tiny installed?

No. I installed debconf just now.

> Have you ever copied /etc/apt/apt.conf over to this system from
> some other system that is already running potato?

No.

> What error message did you receive when upgrading libc6-dev?

It was something:

  'libc6-dev conflict with libstdc++2.9-dev'

The latter wasn't removable because 'g++ depends on it'

(I hope the new libc6 version works now, as I installed it with
dselect, and received no error - I didn't test it yet...)

Thanks again for the suggestion!

--
GYULAI Mihály   http://gyulai.freeyellow.com  Rejtő Jenő művei, Linux