Re: Sendmail + Authenticated SMTP?

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Known Human Nick Rusnov wrote:

> Does anyone out there know if its possible to configure the debian packaged
> version of sendmail to do SMTP authentication, and how to do it? Or is it
> even possible with any sendmail?

With 8.11.1 (woody), the Debian package will give you authentication via
SASL.

Until Debian registers its archives with the US govt, I can't build the
TLS (SSL authentication) version ;-{

Of course, there's no stopping you from getting the package source and
looking in the debian/rules file to see how to build a TLS enabled .deb !
--
Rick Nelson
<dracus> Ctrl+Option+Command + P + R