3dfx.o

Hello all,

At one point I had my Voodoo 3 working perfectly in Debian, but then I
installed a new SB Live! which is where things went south.  In order to
get sound to work I upgraded to the latest (unstable) ALSA which in turn
required a kernel update, etc.  After a few hours I got it all working
with the new kernel (2.2.17 as opposed to 2.2.17pre6 -- the default from
potato).  But when I tried to load the 3dfx module I got these errors:

/lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/3dfx.o: unresolved symbol
register_chrdev_R06af9881
/lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/3dfx.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/3dfx.o
failed
/lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/3dfx.o: insmod 3dfx failed

As I said before, I did have all this working with kernel 2.2.17pre6.
So I attempted to follow the directions and recompile the 3dfx source
for my new kernel.  No go.  I can't for the life of me get anything to
work.  So my question is, has anyone got their Voodoo3 working with the
woody kernel 2.2.17?  And would the compiled module 3dfx.o also work on
my machine (AMD K6II-300)?  And so, would somebody please send me a
copy?

Thanks,
David Bellows