Re: a question about internal modem

> my laptop has an internal modem,when i use lspci command it shows me the modem is
> PCTel INC HSP Micromodem 56
> then which module should i insmod and which /dev/ device does the modem take??
> i think internal modem will not occupy an com port

i accidently purchased a modem like this. the term winmodem has come to be
used on modems that do software dsp. yet there are also modems out there that
rely on proprietory software to access them (presumably cheaper than writing a
serial port emulator)

www.linmodems.org for information on if your modem is supported. chances are
it isn't i'm afraid.

cheers