Re: DIVX?

> Hi

> remove it.  the sdl lib, that is.  i had major problems getting libaviplay.so
> to work w/ unstable, once it went through the libstdc++ upgrades.  i have since
> given up and downgraded to "testing".  from here, it builds fine.

OK, I've got both Xtheater  and aviplay working now. I downgraded back
to libc6 2.1 and compiled the latest libSDL and libsmpeg.
Problems:

Xtheater: The picture is black, the sound skips, I can only
see something if I hit the pause button.

aviplay: Better.  The sound is OK,  but the picture  is really choppy,
with  occasional white (blank)  frames. The  sync between  picture and
sound is horrible.

What video card are you using? I've got an ATI Xpert 98.
I  *think* I've got  GL hardware acceleration, aka  utah-glx, working
with it, but how do I check?

I've got a SoundBlaster ISA PnP AWE64,  is this a problem? Do I need a
PCI card to avoid choppy sound?

-chris