Re: Q: Best printer-HP LaserJet II, III, IIIP

"Jonathan Gift" <jgift@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Which is the best for working with Linux and existing drivers and is the
> IIIP postscript? These are all old, but good machines and I have a chance at
> one.

Of the three, IIIP/4MB (I think this is the maximum it can take?).

My LaserJet IIP PS/4MB works as expected with magicfilter's psonly-300
filter :). The only thing about it is there are sometimes vertikal
stripes on the paper from the wheels inside.

The most important thing about these printers is probably RAM, though
you can print out 300dpi LaTeX files even on a 384k LaserJet Series
II. I recommend another printer if the Series II doesn't come with a
RAM expansion card though.

-- Andre