cdburner on hd

This is a letter I sent to cooker - Mandrake.

>This night I did a rsync of mandrake-iso/7.1beta/i586. In the morning I
>used a floppy with a hd.img to install it from my harddrive.
>
>In the / of hdb6 i have three directories /cooker, /iso and /mandrake
>with images of the trees respectively. When asked what partition to use
>for the base I gave: hdb6 and /iso/odyssey-rc-inst.iso - then I tab'ed
>to iso-image - and the whole installation was launched.
>
>A swing of magic from the stick of Mandrake - fantastic.
>
>I could upgrade to whatever I wanted from /tmp/hdimage/ where the whole
>of my hdb6 was reachable.
>
>Thank you very much for this facility - I wounder if it is possible to
>get this program as a 'standalone' utility, so any cdrom image could be
>played this way

This could be the easiest way to reform debian, any newcomer could be
given the opportunity to install through apt-get and part of the three
iso images. The difficulties and enormous choices with dselect could be
left for the more advanced users.

Personally I would like as a newbie that programs like Netscape with
spellchecking included could be downloaded through one choice.

regards
guran