Re: KDE2 dependence problem

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:49:13 +0200 (MEST)
Bjoern Brill <brill@samson.math.uni-frankfurt.de> wrote:

> libgl1 is a "virtual" package, provided by several conflicting variants of
> the mesa library (an OpenGL clone). Unless you have very special video
> hardware or use the experimental XFree 4, you'll want to install mesag3.

Talking about this: I managed to install KDE2 without problems, and was running pretty nice on X3.3.6 and Mesa3, but now, after installing the utah-glx packages for TNT2-chipset, I can't even get this KDE stuff started anymore, seems that the qt library bails out with an error complaining about a "wrong" (?) libgl1 - library which is provided by the utah-glx package... Has anybody any idea of how to get along with this? :))

TIA... Regards,
Kris

"And the things that we fear are the weapons to
 be used against us." (Rush)

 Kristian Rink
 mail: afterimage@gmx.net
 fax : ++49 / 180 5052 5560 8162
=>encrypted mail welcome. contact me for pgp key.