Re: KDE2 dependence problem

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Anthony Fox wrote:

> kde2 is another story though.  kde2 apps seem to be crashing on me left
> and right.  Within 5 min of starting up, the little kde2 clipboard app
> crashes and pops up an annoying segfault warning window.  Then, every time
> I exit an app from within the kde2 window manager (i.e. kde2 and non-kde2
> apps), I get the annoying segfault warning window explaining to me that
> the app crashed.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing these same problems?

very similar here!

my klipper also crash very soon after starting kde2.
konqueror also crash easily, though I was not able to track exactly what
operations cause it.

I'm using kde2 as my desktop, but only using few apps from kde. Even the
terminal (konsole) is unusable for me as I couldn't manage it to accept
dead keys, already configured in X (all apps can use but konsole).

It's a nice desktop but too slow in my old p133 with ~48MB RAM.
WindowMaker does fly here!

[]s
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21
                   http://www.revistalinux.com.br