SSH permission problems

I accidentally did a chmod -R on my home directory and messed up the
permissions in my home directory (/home/ssahmed). Now, I am unable to
SSH from work into my home system.

Initially, I noticed in the following message in my log files:

sshd[23261]: DSA authentication refused for ssahmed: bad ownership or
modes for '/home/ssahmed/.ssh/authorized_keys2'.

Then I changed the permission of /home/ssahmed/.ssh/authorized_keys2 to:

-rw-------    1 ssahmed  ssahmed       938 Oct 26 18:18 .ssh/authorized_keys2

and now I get the following error message:

sshd[23600]: DSA authentication refused for ssahmed: bad ownership or
modes for '/home/ssahmed/'.

The permissions on my home directory are:

drwxr-sr-x   20 ssahmed  ssahmed      4096 Oct 26 18:02 /home/ssahmed/

and the permissions on my ~/.ssh directory are:

drwx------    2 ssahmed  ssahmed      4096 Oct 26 18:19 .ssh/

Can anyone tell me what the correct permissions should be to fix this
problem ?

I am using Debian woody, and SSH protocol v2 (OpenSSH).

Thanks.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com