Re: Debian, PCMCIA and DHCP

Martin Fluch wrote:
[...]
> I forgot to say, that I use a PCMCIA card to connect to the internet...

[...]
> > And thats the problem I have: I have no experience with that, I never
> > played around with it and now I should get it working till Thuesday :-)
> > Has somebody experience with this, perhaps even on an Debian 2.2 or Debian
> > Unstable/Woody system (I use the later, but they shouldn't be that too
> > different).

Edit /etc/pcmcia/network.opts and set DHCP="y" or DHCPCLIENT="y" or
PUMP="y", depending on the dhcp client you want to use. Also set
IPADDR="".
Now you only have to do a cardctl eject; cardctl insert (or change the
scheme) and  your network interface should get an ip address from the
dhcp server.

[...]
> > Which packages do I need beside dhcp, dhcp-client?

You need only one of them. There are 3 packages for dhcp clients: dhcp,
dhcp-client and pump. I use pump.

Andrei