Re: dpkg and dependecies

Joseph Holland King wrote:
> is there anyway to get dpkg or even apt-get to reslove dependencies while
> installing? for some reason (i think i missed something during the
> install) my system is missing a large amount of needed programs and
> libraries, such that anytime i try to install a program i usually install
> several other programs and/or libraries also. just wondering if there is a
> way to automate this. thanks.

Can't really understand the question either.
Just two days ago I installed Netscape Communicator with dselect which
in fact seems to do good work in resolving all dependancies and
prompting you to choose the needed packages.

I tried the same with dpkg but ran into one dependancy problem after
the other because this app just installs and does not assist in any
way. So I gave up.

When you are sure which packages are needed for a app - dpkg does the
faster job

Robert