Re: any way to use one system's packages to help upgrade another?

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 07:39:46AM -0400, John Covici wrote:
> Hi.  I have installed debian on a system and then upgraded it to woody
> from potatoe and now I want to do the same thing to another box
> connected to the first one via a network.  Is there any way I can use
> the package information on the system I have already upgraded to save
> download time when upgrading the other system -- I have only a dialup
> connection.

apt-move

or just copy /var/cache/apt/archives/* to the target.

apt-move is a very nice way to go though. it makes a fully aptable
local archive which other hosts can use directly via NFS, ftp or http,
whatever you decide to run on the master machine.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/