Re: Mouse not working in X -- still

It is either a PS/2 mouse or a bus mouse.  It can't be both.  Unless it's a
reeeealy old mouse it is not a bus mouse.  You probably have a PS/2 mouse.

Look at the connector.  Is it round or oval.  How many pins on it.

Look at the bottom of the mouse.  What does it say (manufacturer, model)?  How
many buttons?  Is there a roller wheel?  Do you have GPM installed.

These things will help us help you.

dar

--
Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Schiller