Re: X32-Session under Win32 doesn't work

on Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 05:45:08PM +0200, Thomas Luft (tluft@web.de) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed Debian woody release (because of KDE) and want to
> connect my Win32 computer to the linux kdm. I am using StarNet's
> X-Server (X-Win32) and wanted to connect to the Linux machine via
> XDMCP (Broadcast and query). Unfortunately the Debian machine isn't
> willing to host any sessions...  Does anyone know where to tweak the
> settings so that I am able to start an X-Session on Win32?

    $ apt-get install xdm

AFAIK, other display managers don't support XDMCP, except possibly WDM,
'coz WindowMaker's just so fscking cool <g>.

Launch X on the Windows box.  You'll want something like the -direct,
-indirect, or -query options, forget which 'zactly.

Alternative is simply to start an X session and launch stuff by hand
from a telnet (ugh) or ssh (yeah!) session.  Plus you don't have to
worry about your windowmanager crapping out.