Re: fullscreen video playback

matt garman <garman@uiuc.edu> writes:

> Hello:
>
> Is there any way that I can play video on my Linux system in *fullscreen*
> mode?  By fullscreen, I mean that the images are scaled to the size of my
> entire screen.
>
> I have smpeg (plaympeg) version 0.4.0 and SDL version 1.1.5 as well as
> mtvp (MpegTV) version 1.1.0.7 on my system.  They both advertise
> "fullscreen" but the result is not what I described above.  Rather than
> scaling the movie, the video is played back at the original size, but with
> a giant black border.  So my screen is wholly covered in black, but only
> about 1/10 of the screen is actually video.

Try installing xmms (Debian package available) and the xmms-smpeg plug-in
(available from the xmms home page - www.xmms.org).  It seems to scale the
movie to fit the whole screen.  BTW, it requires smpeg 0.4.1.  Also, SDL 1.1.6
has just been released, and they recommend all 1.1.5 users to upgrade.

Hubert